Friday, March 26, 2010

Partido de Futbol

On Wednesday 3/24 Jordan and I played soccer with some people from school and some of the teachers (Ticos). It was a lot of fun and a great work-out.

Jordan was super amazing goalie (portero) and pretty much nobody could score on him. He also did awesome on the field! We were on different teams for most of the games. There were probably 5 girls playing and the rest guys. I scored 4 goals, and one was with my left foot, into the opposite upper corner of the goal, on a Tico!!! I was pretty happy about that. We both played great and it was a great work-out.

However, its been at least 6 months since I have played soccer (I play my alumni game ever year) so my body is really feeling it. I am so incredibly sore!!! haha Its pretty funny though.

Hopefully we can get another game in before we leave the school because it was a lot of fun. Jordan and I have also been trying to run a lot in the mornings before school. There is a park near our house that is part of the big university (University of Costa Rica) and there is a nice long track there that we like to run at. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know that we got to play soccer.

We are also planning on going to watch one of the soccer games at the big stadium here in San Jose. We watched one game on tv and it was a lot of fun. So I have been looking at the schedule, and we are giong to try and go to one. It would be so crazy to actually be there in person when the craziness of the soccer games happens!

Ok that is the end of my first post. :) Hope you all enjoy it, know that we miss you all so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krystle! How wonderful to hear from you too. Sounds like a fun day for you both and great job with kicking in 4 goals! That's wonderful! I haven't played soccer since I was a kid so I have no doubt I would have thoroughlly embarassed myself had I been there. ha ha! I hope you guys get to see a game too. Post more often, it's nice to get a girl's point of view. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete