Thursday, May 27, 2010

Catching up on missed time

It has been a wonderful and busy 2 weeks!!!

So here's why... My parents and sister came to visit!!!!

Here's the first beautiful sunset we saw



So saturday the 15 of May, my parents and sister arrived in Costa Rica!

So Krystle and I got a ride into San Jose at 8am. We walked around and enjoyed a park in Sabana Norte. Once the room was ready at our hotel we checked in and did the waiting game as their flight arrived in the evening. Krystle stayed at the hotel and I left to meet them at the airport.

My father was looking for the cultural experience, so I planned on initiating this enjoyment first thing. I found a bus that would take me to the airport and remembered it color and company so that we could take the same route home.

I waited outside the airport for a while and eventually their plane arrived (they were late because someone had to be taken off the plane in Sky harbor, after everyone had boarded!). So we hugged, teared up and headed out to the bus stop! We were very fortunate, a bus arrived within minutes! We loaded our bags on to the bus and were on our way to San Jose!

We got Krystle and went to dinner at the Rosti Pollo! Delicious chicken!!! We caught up on what we had missed and went to bed early in order to start off early in the morning!

My dad and I woke up early and walked in downtown San Jose. I showed him some interesting churches, businesses, people, and explained what I had understood about the culture and people of Costa Rica. We then got our rental car and went to the church we had been attending. My parents and sister got translators, Alex (husband of Krystle's teacher during language school) and a college student from the University of Costa Rica who was learning English, while Krystle and I continued to practice our spanish!

Here's 2 ticos!


Here's the translators with the gringos



Here is us with our Tico friends



We then drove to Brasilito and our first desination in Costa Rica!
Krystle and Charlene in the car



Coming next.. Hotel horrors

No comments:

Post a Comment