Thursday, September 16, 2010

Newfane/Buffalo, New York with my Grandma

Buffalo

We arrived to Buffalo on Saturday around 6pm, and my Grandma and Aunt were patiently waiting for us at the station as we arrived 30 minutes late. We had a nice ride back to my Grandma’s house through the scenic route, and it is so beautiful out here in Newfane, New York!

My Grandma and Aunt Cheryl live about 1 mile away from each other and it was very nice to see both of them. I hadn’t seen my aunt in about 15 years, since the last time we were in Newfane. The last time I saw my Grandma was in Arizona last year when my Grandma and Grandpa drove out to visit for a little bit. Unfortunately, my Grandpa passed away 1 month ago, so we didn’t get to see him, but it was very nice looking at pictures and talking with my Grandma about him.




Sunday we attended church with my Grandma and Aunt. My grandpa had attended this church since he was a young boy, having grown up right down the street from the church. Immediately following the service there was free pizza because this was the first Sunday of Sunday school for the children. On the way home we stopped by the cemetery that my grandpa is buried in. Jordan spent the remainder of the day watching football and my cousin Stephanie and her husband Frank came over and visited us. I hadn’t seen her in over 15 years.


Monday, my Aunt Cheryl picked us up and we headed to Niagara Falls. We went over to the Canadian side because it has a better view of the falls and it truly was a beautiful sight to behold.






Tuesday we helped my grandma clean up her garden by picking potatoes and weeds.
Wednesday morning was another early travel day as our flight left at 815am. We will be in Indianapolis by 115pm. Our last stop until Phoenix!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment