Monday, August 30, 2010

Day at sea

A friend that we made at Pueblo Ingles just so happened to be vacationing near us the following week while we were in Amposta. David and his wife Virginia were going to be staying in Port de Salou, which is where apparently everyone from their town, Zaragoza, goes to vacation.




It is about a 45 minute drive from Amposta where we were staying. Our friend was nice enough to come out of his way to pick us up and take us home. They own a skiing boat that they take out in the Mediterranean Sea everyday while on vacation. So it was just us 4 out on the boat. They took us to an area, that was “the most like a lake” so I could try to ski. First David went on 1 ski. It was his first time ever getting up on one ski!! Congrats David. He was it was because we were lucky, and that we would have to return again the next day so he could ski again. Haha Then his wife, Virginia went, and she was amazing, apparently she has been skiing in the sea since she was 5 years old, and you could definitely tell. Now I know how to ski because my dad has a boat and I ski a few times a year, but I have never skied in an ocean or sea. It was sooo different! It was windy and super wavy. I luckily got up on my first try and skied for about 5 minutes, then decided to be risky and go outside of the wake. That sure wasn’t happening as it was super wavy, water filled the skiis and I did a nose-dive into the water almost immediately. I had a good time though and now I can say I skied in a sea!





The rest of the day we just relaxed on the boat, swam in the water, and talked in both English and Spanish which was very interesting and fun. After the sea, we had lunch at the Nautic club which Virginia’s parents belonged to, which was very nice. Then we relaxed at their place for a little bit and enjoyed the beautiful view. Here are a few pictures of the view.



No comments:

Post a Comment